General Overview: All games will be scheduled using the gotsoccer website. IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOUR REFEREE AVAILABILTITY SCHEDULE IS ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE IN THE GOTSOCCER WEBSITE.
PLEASE NOTE: You cannot be assigned to a game if your schedule shows you as unavailable. In order to get as many opportunities for referee assignments, please make sure your calendars are accurate in the gotsoccer website.
There are FOUR new state requirements for referees and assignors:
1. The referee assignor must have all games scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance.
2. All referee game schedules must be finalized at least 1 week in advance.
3. No referee game rejections will be accepted 48 hours before a scheduled game. You must call the assignor if something unexpected comes up.
4. There is now a rating system for referees. Assignors now have the ability to rank referees by assigning a number from 1 to 10 – 10 being the top of the scale – 1 being the worst. The assignor can use the ranking system to rank abilities and commitment.
In order to accommodate the new state guidelines, the following scheduling outline will be followed:
1. The referee assignor will schedule games 2 weeks in advance on Saturdays and Sundays.
2. DO NOT accept any games for on the weekends. The assignor is working through schedules and may make temporary game assignments. Accepting games before the scheduling has been finalized can cause conflicts and the loss of back to back game assignments. The assignor will send an email if game schedules are available before Monday.
3. Monday through Wednesday at 5:00 pm will be the first opportunity for referees to accept and reject games. Keep in mind that we are looking at 2 week schedule.
4. Wednesday after 5:00 pm the referee assignor will review game rejections and make new assignments.
5. Thursday through 5:00 pm Friday will be the second open window for game acceptance and rejections for referees. Keep in mind we are now looking one week ahead.
6. Sundays after 1:00 pm will be the call period to finalize schedules for the following weekend. The assignor will be making phone calls to fill referee openings.
7. REMINDER – NO GAME REJECTIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF A SCHEDULED GAME. YOU MUST CONTACT THE ASSIGNOR IF YOU ARE WITHIN THE 48 HOUR WINDOW.
1. NO SHOWS – if you do not show up to an assigned/accepted
game assignment, you are subject to removal from the scheduling rotation. Depending on the circumstances involved, a written letter of apology may be required to get back into the active rotation.
2. Game rejections within 48 hours of scheduled game will be subject to removal from the scheduling rotation.
The assignor will work with the referees to resolve any unexpected scheduling conflicts or illness. Please make sure you contact Andy Personett if any issues arise.
Quick Summary :
1. Games scheduled 2 weeks in advance.
2. Referee game acceptance periods : Monday through 5:00 pm Wednesday, and Thursday through 5:00 pm Friday.
3. Sunday after 1:00 pm call period for the following weekend